Chevrolet produced a lot of 1956 Corvette advertisements. Today on our blog we are taking a look back at some of these advertisements. We also want to share a little history of the C1 1956 Chevrolet Corvette. We have included some 1956 Corvette Trivia questions for your next club get-together.
FIBERGLASS FACT: A rare option was the special high-lift camshaft that provided an (unofficial) output of 240 hp!
Here are a few trivia questions for you to use at your next Corvette club part:
- What does the word “Cove” refer to, and in what year models did this appear? Answer: Concave portion of the front fender and door from 1956 – 1962
- In what model year were Factory Auxiliary Hard Tops first offered for the Corvette? Answer: 1956
- What Corvette part was called the “Doghouse” in 1956 – 1965 models? Answer: Fuel Injection Plenum Chamber
- How many vertical bars or “teeth” are in the grill of the 1956 Corvette? Answer: There are 13 vertical bars or “teeth” that are in the grill of 1956 Corvettes.
- What was the name of the first female Corvette race driver and what year? Answer: Betty Skelton, 1956. She was also an aviator.
1956 Corvette Advertisments:
Here are some other blog post you might enjoy reading:
If you have never seen our Corvette magazine before, check out our issue preview and see what our subscribers are enjoying this month.
Get Vette Vues Magazine!
- Tech – How-tos
- Product, and Services.
Share with your family and friends…