Today on our blog we are looking at the 1996 C4 Chevrolet Corvette Brochure. The Model-year 1996 was the final year of the C4 Corvette that was produced 1983-1996.
- The Grand Sport was a limited-edition model with a total production output of just 1,000 units—810 coupes and 190 convertibles.
- The Grand Sport paid homage to the legendary competition Corvette of the same name that was raced in the 1963 season with drivers Jim Hall, Roger Penske, Augie Pabst, and Dick Thompson.
- The 1996 Grand Sport—RPO Z16—was visually identifiable by its exclusive paint livery in Admiral Blue with white stripes and bright red hashes across the left front fender.
- It came equipped with the highest output LT4 engine fitted with aluminum cylinder heads, which generated 330 HP.
- Available only with the mandatory 6-speed manual, the Grand Sport also featured the black 5-spoke ZR1-style wheels with ultra-wide P315/35ZRx17 rear tires and add-on rear fender flares.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy…
Today on our Vette Vues blog post, we are looking at the 1991 Corvette Callaway Speedster Brochure. We are also taking a look at the history of the Callaway Speedster and have a walkaround video for you to enjoy.
In this blog post, we take a look at the 1996 Grand Sport, GM Engineer John Heinricy, VIN #0001 1996 Corvette, and a little special Grand Sport display at Corvettes at Carlisle 2021.
We have four 1995 Corvette magazine advertisements. 1995 is in the C4 Corvette generation group which ran from 1984-1996. It was designed by Dave McLellan and Jerry Palmer.
We are looking at Part 2 in our series on Tommy Morrison and his Corvettes. In Part 1 of the Morrison story, we covered the period from 1984 to the end of the 1989 race season. In Part 2 of the story, we picked up the thread in 1990.
This is a very popular blog post you might enjoy…
We add to our blog on a regular basis. You can always check our Recent Blog Post to see what has been added.
If you have never seen Vette Vues Magazine you can see what our subscribers are enjoying each month in our issue preview…
Vette Vues Magazine has been the favorite choice of Corvette magazines since 1972. Vette Vues has been in continuous monthly publication ever since it started. It is Not Available on Newsstands. Order your subscription today and start getting it at the home, office, or at work each and every month!