In this post, we’ll look at the 2003 Corvette press kit given by Chevrolet to automotive media for the 50th Anniversary Celebration in Nashville, TN on June 27 & 28, 2003.
First, a look at the cover of the 2003 Corvette Press Kit…
This 2003 Corvette Press Kit comes in a bright red presentation case that is embossed on the cover with the Corvette 50th Celebration logo as well as the words “Corvette 50th Anniversary Nashville, Tennessee.”
Next, A Look Inside the 2003 Corvette Press Kit
The 2003 Corvette Press Kit contains a CD with pdf files for all the printed material in the accompanying brochure. It also contains jpgs of all the photos in the booklet. The CD autoloads and begins with a multimedia presentation.
Now We’ll See What’s Inside the Brochure in the Corvette 50th Anniversary Press Kit
On the right side of the presentation case in the 2003 Corvette Press Kit is the brochure. It is 8″ x 11″. The cover is heavyweight black card stock and has the Corvette 50th Anniversary logo in full-color foil stamped along with an embossing of the words “Corvette 50th Anniversary Nashville Tennessee.” The spine is foil stamped in silver with the word “Corvette.” The spiral bound brochure inside the cover has 6 Sections. (Links will be at the bottom of this post for the complete press release for you to read)
- Section 1 is before the tabbed sections and is page 1 through 27. It has a photo and lengthy description of each Corvette year from 1953 through 2003. The description talks about that year’s Corvette as well as current events for that year.
- Section 2 is titled “The Celebration.” It is page 28 through 35 and tells all about the Celebration on June 27 & 28, 2003.
- Section 3 is titled “Personalities.” It runs from page 36 through 42 and discusses the people that made Corvette what it is today – Harley Earl, Zora Arkus-Duntov, Dave McClellan, Dave Hill, Bill Mitchell, John Cafaro, John Heinricy, Dick Guldstrand, Roger Penske, John Greenwood, Betty Skelton, Dr. Dick Thompson, John Fitch, Ron Fellows and Andy Pilgrim.
- Section 4 is titled “Engineering Retrospective” and runs from page 43 through 58. This section traces the development of Corvette from the beginning through 2003.
- Section 5 is titled “2003 Product” and runs from page 59 through 65. This section has all the statistical facts and figures about the 2003 Corvette.
- Section 6 is titled “2004 Product” and runs from page 66 through 72. This section contains all the statistical facts and figures about the 2004 Corvette.
Pages 73 through 79 contains contact information, cd instructions, and thumbnails of all the photos on the CD.
Also Included is the 1953-2003 Corvette Black Book
Beneath the brochure in the 2003 Corvette Press Kit is the 159 page 1953-2003 Corvette Black Book special 50th Anniversary Edition covering all Corvettes from 1953 through 2003.
Corvette Black Book 1953-2003
Product Category: Books
Title: Corvette Black Book 1953-2003
Authors: Antonick, Michael, Michael Bruce Associates, Antonick, Mike
Publisher: Motorbooks International
Publication Date: 2002-10-02
Coverage of the 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary Celebration – Two-Day Party – Nashville, Tennessee
If you were a subscriber at the time, the Corvette 50th
Anniversary at the Celebration in Nashville was cover in Vette Vues Magazine October 2003 issue.
These are the articles that appeared in the October 2003 issue of Vette Vues Magazine:
- Ed & Cindy Foss’s 1972 Corvette Convertible
- 2003 Anacortes Waterfront Festival
- Corvette 50th Anniversary Celebration – Two-Day Party – Nashville, Tennessee
- Nashville Cruize Caravans and Parades
- Corvette Heritage Tour
- Sprint Vintage Grand Prix
- Chevrolet Racing Tour – Nashville
- Road Atlanta – Corvette Racing Wins the Chevy Grand Prix of Atlanta
- Corvette Racing Victorious at The Infineon Grand Prix of Sonoma
- Corvette Captures GTS Victory at le Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières
- Oil Down – Straight Talk About Oil Viscosity
- Care & Feeding of Steel Connecting Rods
- 1978-82 Corvette Year by Year Model Changes
- 1965 Protect-O-Plate for Corvettes
- Window Regulator Lubrication
- 1974 Corvette Urethane Bumper Repair
- 1974-1975 Corvette Seat Buzzer System
- 1975 Corvette Exhaust System Alignment
- 1976 Corvette Lock Service
- 1953 through 1957 Windshield Wiper and Washer System
Here are the links to the press releases included in the 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary Celebration
Corvette 50th Anniversary Celebration to Make History
Racer Pilgrim Selected for Corvette 50th Anniversary Role
Corvette, The American Icon, Inspires Passion and Loyalty for Half a Century
NEW C5-R CORVETTE READY FOR 24 HOURS OF LE MANS
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Product Information
CREATIVE, GROUNDBREAKING DESIGN HAS LONG BEEN A HALLMARK OF CORVETTE SUCCESS
THE SOUL OF THE MACHINE: 50 YEARS OF GREAT CORVETTE POWERTRAINS
If you have never seen Vette Vues Magazine you can see what our readers enjoy each month in our Issue Preview. Vette Vues Magazine is sold only by subscription.
Share with your family and friends