The 2019 Corvette ZR1 Roars into Dubai
2019 CORVETTE ZR1: Product Info
The 2019 Corvette ZR1 made its debut on November 12th in Dubai.
“I’ve never driven a Corvette like this before, and nobody else has either because there’s never been one like this before,” said Mark Reuss, executive vice president, Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain. “Its unprecedented performance puts all other global supercars on notice that the ZR1 is back.”
Corvette was introduced in 1953. Only 300 were produced, each of them Polo White with a red interior.
- STARTING MSRP
$121,995 (incl. DFC) – coupe1
- $124,990 (incl. DFC) – coupe with ZTK Track Performance Package1
- $126,495 (incl. DFC) – convertible1
- $129,490 (incl. DFC) – convertible with ZTK Track Performance Package1
EPA VEHICLE CLASS
Coupe with removable roof panel or Convertible
- The 2019 ZR1 is a supercar that advances Corvette’s performance legacy with the highest power, greatest track performance, and most advanced technology in its production history
- Offered in 1ZR and 3ZR trims in a coupe and convertible body styles
- The ZR1’s LT5 6.2L V-8 engine advances Corvette’s supercharging legacy, offering the highest output ever for a Chevrolet production vehicle, thanks in part to a new, more-efficient intercooled supercharger system that offers 52 percent more displacement than the Z06’s LT4 supercharger
- GM’s first dual-fuel-injection system, which employs primary direct injection and supplemental port injection, helps the LT5 achieve 755 horsepower and 715 lb.-ft. of torque
- The ZR1’s aggressive appearance is driven by function, with a unique front fascia designed to channel air for the propulsion system and drivetrain cooling, including four new radiators bringing the heat-exchanger total to 13
- A special carbon-fiber “halo” hood is open in the middle to clear the LT5 engine’s supercharger/intercooler assembly
- Additional features, including aero packages with stanchion mounted wings, help push the ZR1 harder onto the track for more confident handling and faster lap times
- Two aero packages are offered: A standard rear Low Wing, which delivers the ZR1’s highest top speed, and an available two-way-adjustable High Wing that offers maximum downforce on the track for quicker lap times
- The adjustable High Wing is part of the available ZTK Track Performance Package ($2,995), which also includes a front splitter with carbon-fiber end caps, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires9, and specific chassis and Magnetic Ride Control tuning for greater cornering grip
- Both of the ZR1’s wings are tied into the chassis, like the Corvette Racing C7.R racecar, for strength and stability
- Available Sebring Orange Design Package. Contents include: Sebring Orange Tintcoat exterior color, orange-painted calipers, ZR1 Carbon Flash-painted aluminum wheels, orange custom leather stitch, orange-painted striped ground effects, Jet Black leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts with orange stitching, Competition Sport bucket seats, carbon fiber and sueded microfiber-wrapped rim, flat-bottom steering wheel, orange safety belts, ZR- logo floor mats with orange accents and bronze-tinted aluminum interior accents
- Performance Data Recorder is standard on 3ZR and available on 1ZR
- Chevrolet Infotainment system2 with an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen; navigation3 is available. Includes Apple CarPlay4 and Android Auto5 compatibility
- Built-in Wi-Fi® Hotspot with available 4G LTE data (3GB or 1-month data trial, whichever comes first)6
- Standard leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel on 1ZR; carbon fiber and the leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel is standard on 3ZR
- Keyless open and start
- Curb-view cameras7 included on 2LZ and 3LZ trims
- The head-up display is standard on all trims
- Bose 10-speaker audio system with bass box included on 3ZR; nine-speaker system on 1ZR
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats are standard on 3ZR
- Competition Sport seats are available on 1ZR and 3ZR
- Leather-wrapped interior with sueded upper interior trim included on 3ZR
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available performance air intake (dealer-available accessory)
- Corvette Museum delivery and Customer Engine Build Program are available
- Four standard air bags8, including side-impact airbags
- Standard Rear Vision Camera7
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS
- Active Handling with electronic stability control
- Safety belt pretensioners
- Tire pressure monitoring with run-flat tires
1MSRP excludes tax, title, license, and dealer fees. Optional equipment is extra.
2Chevrolet Infotainment System functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone and USB connectivity for some devices.
3Map coverage is available in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
4Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple, and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone, and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri, iPhone, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
5Vehicle user interface is a product of Google, and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android-compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
6Service varies with conditions and location. Requires active service plan and paid AT&T data plan. See onstar.com for details and limitations.
7Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings, and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important feature limitations and information.
8Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See your vehicle Owner’s Manual for more information.
9Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire-and-wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, go to https://my.chevrolet.com/learn/tires/ or see your dealer.
# # #
2019 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1 SPECIFICATIONS
EPA FUEL ECONOMY
13 mpg (manual)|
12 mpg (automatic)
19 mpg (manual)|
20 mpg (automatic)
FUEL TANK CAPACITY
|18.5 gal. / 70 liters|
|Type:||LT5 6.2L Supercharged V8 with a dual fuel system|
|Bore & Stroke (in / mm):||4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92|
|Block Material:||Cast aluminum|
|Cylinder Head Material:||Cast aluminum|
|Valvetrain:||Overhead valve, two valves per cylinder|
|Fuel Delivery:||Direct injection|
(hp @ rpm):
|755 @ 6400 rpm (SAE certified)|
(lb.-ft. @ rpm):
|715 @ 3600 rpm (SAE certified)|
TRANSMISSION & AXLE
|Type:||7-speed manual with Active Rev Match 8-speed paddle-shaft automatic|
|Gear ratios (:1):||Manual||Automatic|
|Final Drive Ratio:||3.42 (manual) 2.73 (automatic)|
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
|Front Suspension:||Short/long arm (SLA) double wishbone, cast aluminum upper and lower control arms, transverse-mounted composite spring, Magnetic Selective Ride Control|
|Rear Suspension:||Short/long arm (SLA) double wishbone, cast aluminum upper and lower control arms, transverse-mounted composite spring, Magnetic Selective Ride Control|
|Steering Type:||Variable-ratio rack-and-pinion with electric power assist|
Turning Circle |
(ft. / m):
|37.7 / 11.5|
|Brake Type:||Four-wheel disc with carbon-ceramic rotors; six-piston aluminum front calipers and four-piston aluminum rear calipers|
|Brake Rotor Size (in. / mm):||Front – 15.5 / 394 Rear – 15.3 / 388|
|Wheel Size:||Front: 19-inch x 10-inch Rear: 20-inch x 12-inch|
|Tire Size:||Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat (std.) Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 (w/ ZTK pkg.) Front: P285/30ZR19 Rear: P335/25ZR20|
(in. / mm):
|106.7 / 2710|
Overall Length |
(in. / mm):
|179.8 / 4567|
Overall Width |
(in. / mm):
|77.4 / 1965|
Overall Height |
(in. / mm):
|48.5 / 1232 (coupe) 48.7 / 1237 (convertible)|
|Track (in. mm):||63.5 / 1615 (front) 62.5 / 1588 (rear)|
|Headroom (in. / mm):||38 / 962|
|Legroom (in. / mm):||43 / 1092|
|Shoulder Room (in. / mm):||55 / 1397|
Hip Room |
(in. / mm):
|54 / 1371|
WEIGHTS & CAPACITIES
|Curb Weight (lb. / kg):||3560 / 1615 (coupe) 3618 / 1641 (convertible)|
|EPA Passenger Volume (cu. ft. / L):||52 / 1472|
|Cargo Volume (cu. ft. / L)^:||
15 / 425 (coupe)|
10 / 283 (convertible)
^Cargo and load capacity are limited by weight and distribution.
Here are some other blog posts you might enjoy:
Do you have a Corvette you would like us to consider featuring? You can learn how to submit your Corvette Here.
Check out our other Recent Blog Posts
If you are not getting Vette Vues Magazine, you can see what our readers are enjoying every month in our Issue Preview.
Do you love all things Corvettes? Then you should subscribe to Vette Vues Magazine. We’re all about Corvettes of all years and models. Make sure to check out our current subscription offers. Digital and Print