The IMSA has released the provisional scheduled 12 weekends for the 2021 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season that will start in Florida and finish in Georgia.
2021 WeatherTech Championship Schedule Released:
- Jan. 22-24 – Roar Before Rolex 24 (DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD)
- Jan. 28-31 — Rolex 24 at Daytona (DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD)
- March 17-20 — Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring (DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD)
- April 16-17 — Long Beach (DPi, GTLM, GTD)
- April 23-25 — WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (DPi, LMP2, GTLM, GTD)
- May 14-16 — Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (DPi, LMP3, GTD)
- June 12, 2021 — Detroit Belle Isle (DPi, LMP2, GTD)
- June 24-27 — Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen (DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD)
- July 2-4 — Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (DPi, LMP3, GTLM, GTD)
- July 16-17 — Lime Rock Park (GTLM, GTD)
- Aug. 6-8 — Road America (DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD)
- Aug. 20-22 — Virginia International Raceway (GTLM, GTD)
- Oct. 6-9 — Motul Petit Le Mans (DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD)
*LMP2, LMP3 races not counting for season-long points
**IMSA WeatherTech Sprint Cup only
You can purchase tickets online https://www.imsa.com/weathertech/buytickets/
You can follow the updates on Corvette Racing on our website:
Champion Race Car Driver and Founder of The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving Passes Away at 88
Champion Race Car Driver and Founder of The Bob Bondurant School of High-Performance Driving Passes Away at Paradise Valley, AZ, November 13, 2021
Corvette Racing had hopes of going out of the GT Le Mans (GTLM) era in winning style, but fortune had other ideas at the 10-hour Petit Le Mans. A mid-race accident, however, forced the No. 3 C8.R’s retirement just before the halfway point. Taylor was part of a long train of cars coming to a restart over a blind crest and crashed heavily into another GT car that had spun and stopped only seconds before. He was evaluated and released from the infield care center.
In the latest press releases from Chevrolet and the IMSA Vette Vues learns that Corvette Racing will challenge in both the FIA World Endurance Championship and IMSA’s Weathertech Sportscar Championship for the 2022 season. We have both press releases and media photos for you to enjoy.
Corvette Racing took their third first place victory in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at the Michelin GT Challenge at VIR in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.
Corvette Racing’s Tommy Milner and Nick Tandy won their second straight race in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship – a GT Le Mans (GTLM) victory in the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach with the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R. Below are the press releases from that event.
Press Releases for Corvette Racing at Laguna Seca 2021 which they won the GT Le Mans (GTLM) category of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Tommy Milner and Nick Tandy won the GT Le Mans (GTLM) category in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.
We add to our blog regularly. Here are some of our most recent blog posts…
- DECEMBER 2021 VETTE VUES MAGAZINE, #601, Volume 50, Issue #5
- DECEMBER 2021 DIGITAL EDITION VETTE VUES MAGAZINE
- Custom Car and Truck Competition Registration now Open: Barrett-Jackson Cup Returns for 2022 Scottsdale Auction
- Champion Race Car Driver and Founder of The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving Passes Away at 88
- Photos: 1971 Corvette 50th Anniversary Display at Corvettes at Carlisle
If you are not getting Vette Vues Magazine, subscribe today and start getting it every month in your mailbox, at the office, or at your shop. Vette Vues Magazine has been the Corvette magazine of choice since 1972!
Share with your family and friends…