Delve deeper into the 2024 Corvette E-Ray Performance App with the Corvette Academy Series.
In January, Chevrolet made history by introducing the world’s first-ever hybrid-powered, all-wheel-drive Corvette, the E-Ray. This magnificent vehicle combines a front mounted electric motor with a 1.9 kWh battery pack, and a LT2 V8 engine in the rear that generates 495 hp. The result is a total of 655 hp – the most powerful Corvette ever! Reaching 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds and the quarter mile in 10.5 seconds, the 2024 Corvette E-Ray Performance App was created to provide drivers with an understanding of the hybrid system. To introduce its various functions, Chevy has developed the Corvette Academy series with a special video feature. Read on to learn more.
In January, Chevrolet released their first-ever hybrid powered, all-wheel-drive Corvette – the E-Ray. Featuring a front mounted electrical motor with a 1.9 kWh battery pack, as well as an LT2 V8 engine in the rear producing 495 hp, the two systems come together to deliver a combined 655 hp – making the E-Ray the fastest Corvette to date. It can go from 0-60 mph in just 2.5 seconds and the quarter mile in 10.5 seconds.
Chevrolet designed the E-Ray Performance App to equip the driver with a greater understanding of the hybrid system in the Corvette E-Ray. Through Chevy’s Corvette Academy series, they’ve created a video showcasing the many facets of the app.
Carolyn Sweeney, Corvette Calibration Engineer – Battery Systems, has put together a video called “Technology on Display” to introduce a brand new app designed for the E-Ray. This app includes three primary display layouts. The Gauges page showcases the power output from both the front-mounted electric motor and the LT2 V8 engine at the back. The Dyno page has various graphs and other info related to the power and torque, and the Data page shows the performance of the electrical system and overall efficiency. According to Carolyn, “the app’s purpose is to give the driver a transparent view of the complex, advanced propulsion and chassis controls that the car has.”
Stefan Frick, Corvette Energy Integration Engineer, asserts that the Corvette E-Ray is “the most cutting-edge Corvette ever built,” adding that the Performance App is designed to provide the driver with a “connected, instinctive, and reactive experience” in response to their requests.
Understand the characteristics of the Performance App and the gauges in the 2024 Corvette E-Ray more completely by watching the ‘2024 Corvette E-RAY Corvette Academy Technology on Display’ video on YouTube.
2024 Corvette E-RAY: Corvette Academy – Technology on Display Video
We have a great 2024 E-Ray Corvette Video Interview with Mark Reuss and Mike Kutcher by Pushing Pistons with a cutaway E-Ray. But first, let’s review the new E-Ray and what we know so far. You can also read the 2024 E-Ray Corvette press releases on this post. Learn More.
Don’t miss out on all the exciting Corvette happenings! Subscribe to Vette Vues Magazine today to receive monthly issues straight to your mailbox. You’ll be kept in the loop about owners and events, so you can always stay in the know. SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
While you are here, check out our great selection of Corvette T-shirts, Corvette Hats / Caps for Sale, and assorted Corvette Totes, Coolers, and Bags for Sale, all offering Free United States Shipping.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- The Top 5 Most Searched-For Corvettes: Icons of Automotive HistoryDiscover the top 5 most searched-for Corvettes in automotive history, from the iconic 1963 Sting Ray to the groundbreaking 2020 C8. Explore their enduring allure, performance, and historical significance that captivate enthusiasts worldwide.
- Used Corvettes for Sale – Vette Vues Magazine Classified AdsFind Your Dream Corvette Today! Browse Vette Vues Magazine’s Corvettes for Sale section, with private ads and recent classifieds, and get your perfect ride. Also, check out our top ten under-valued Corvettes to buy article.
- 1963 Z06 N03 Corvette Fetches $935,000 at AuctionExplore the captivating allure of the 1963 Corvette Z06 N03 Split Window Coupe, a true automotive masterpiece that recently commanded an impressive $935,000 at auction.
- Discover the Best Corvette Events Near You: Extensive ListGet ready to rev up your engines! Find the best Corvette car shows near you with Vette Vues. Our calendar of local, state, and national events will keep you in the loop. Don’t miss out on the fun, check us out now!
- National Corvette Museum Anniversary Exhibit: A Decade Since the SinkholeDiscover the inspiring story of resilience and innovation at the National Corvette Museum as it commemorates a decade since the infamous sinkhole incident. Explore the captivating exhibit, ‘Ground to Sky: The Sinkhole Reimagined,’ and witness the restoration of iconic Corvettes. Plan your visit today and delve into the museum’s rich automotive legacy