On October 26, 2021, Chevrolet revealed the new C8 2023 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6. We have the video for you to watch as well as the press release with preliminary specifications. At the end of the press release, we also have the press photos for you to enjoy.
You will see multiple people who played an important part in creating the new C8 ZO6 as well as some celebrities:
- Just Bell, Former Championship Race Car Driver, and TV Host
- Tadge Juechter, Corvette Executive Chie Engineer
- Dustin Gardner, Assistant Chief Engineer, LT6 Engine
- Josh Holder Chief Engineer, Corvette
- Bruce Meyer, Corvette Enthusiast and Founding member of the Petersen Automotive Museum
- Oliver Gavin, Former Corvette Racing Driver, Five-Time 24 Hours of Le Mans Winner, Oliver Gavin Driving Academy
- Devin Booker, Professional Basketball Superstar, Gold Medalist, and Avid Car Enthusiast
- Brett Golliff, Corvette Color, and Trim Design Manager
- Emelia Hartford, Record-Breaking, Performance Builder and Driver
- Mark Reuss, President, General Motors
- Cindy Molnar
- Vehicle Performance Engineer, Chevrolet Performance Cars
- Aaron Link, Lead Development Engineer, Chevrolet Performance Cars
- Kirk Bennion, Corvette Exterior Design Manager
- Andres Schneider, Co-Director, Porch House
Some quick takeaways on the 2023 Corvette ZO6:
- The 2023 Corvette Z06 has a new flat-plane-crank 5.5-liter V-8 engine.
- It makes 670 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque
- It has an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
- Production will start in the summer of 2022.
In the Press Release dated 2021-10-26 below:
- THE 2023 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 ELEVATES THE AMERICAN SUPERCAR
- Most capable Z06 ever arrives on the global stage, powered by an all-new LT6 DOHC V-8
- Racing at its core
- Additional highlights of the 2023 Corvette Z06 include:
- All-new LT6
- Additional highlights include:
- Designed to perform
- Track-proven performance technologies
- Bespoke attention to detail
- CORVETTE Z06 GENERATIONS
- ABOUT CHEVROLET
- 2023 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS
- 2023 Corvette ZO6 Press Photos
- Here is another article you might enjoy:
THE 2023 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 ELEVATES THE AMERICAN SUPERCAR
Most capable Z06 ever arrives on the global stage, powered by an all-new LT6 DOHC V-8
DETROIT – The next chapter in the mid-engine Corvette journey begins today with the introduction of the 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, a new American supercar that puts the world on notice. Arriving two years after the first production mid-engine Corvette Stingray debuted and captivated a worldwide audience, the Z06 is designed and engineered to act as a precision tool for the track.
The Z06’s striking appearance, sound, and tactile feel are the result of intense focus. With new, wider sculpted front and rear fascia designs that define a confident stance and exotic proportions and a luxuriously appointed interior, the Z06 is the ultimate supercar experience.
“Corvette has always brought a discerning customer to the Chevy family,” said Steve Hill, vice president of Chevrolet. “This new Z06 was designed and engineered to set a higher bar with increased levels of craftsmanship, personalization, and performance so customers can truly have their own bespoke performance car.”
While the Z06 was created to dominate on the track when it debuted in 1963, the Z06 nameplate has also come to symbolize the perfect combination of track beast and supercar.
“The new Corvette Z06 defines the American supercar,” said General Motors President Mark Reuss. “It builds on the distinctive design and groundbreaking dynamics introduced with the mid-engine Corvette and elevates them to deliver refined but uncompromising track capability with world-class performance.”
The Z06 is set apart by its beating heart – the all-new 5.5L LT6, the highest horsepower, naturally-aspirated V-8 to hit the market in any production car, ever.
An all-new flat-plane crankshaft design entices drivers to push the tachometer to a lofty 8,600 rpm, creating 670 hp. Engineers spent two years crafting a distinctive, rich exhaust tone unlike anything ever heard from a Corvette.
Racing at its core
The sound and appearance of the Z06 take direction from Corvette Racing. The direct knowledge transfer from the track to the street has never been more evident. The Z06 chassis has underpinned Corvette Racing’s C8.R since it began competing in 2020. Thanks to a shared chassis, similar engine architecture, and exterior proportions, the C8.R has been referred to internally as the Z06, hiding in plain sight.
“Racing was the reason the Z06 was developed in 1963, and it continues to support the development of the road models that make them better on the street and the track,” said Tadge Juechter, executive chief engineer, Corvette. “It also means we’ve tested the Z06 on the best tracks around the world, from Circuit of the Americas here in the United States to the Nürburgring in Germany.”
The Corvette C8.R shined during IMSA’s 2020 sports car championship series, capturing six victories and seven pole positions and setting the fastest class race laps in six events. During the 2020 series, Chevrolet won the GT Manufacturers title – its 13th since 2001. Jordan Taylor and Antonio Garcia, and the No. 3 Corvette C8.R crew won the GTLM Drivers and Team championships.
The performance envelope of Z06 builds on the foundation laid by Stingray, as does Z06’s design language and attention to detail. Expanded material offerings, new interior packages, and features unique to Z06 enable owners to create their own bespoke American supercar.
Additional highlights of the 2023 Corvette Z06 include:
- A stance 3.6 inches (9.4 cm) wider than the Stingray, accommodating massive 345-series rear tires and more airflow through side air vents
- Unique front and rear fascias, a first for Z06. The front fascia is designed to optimize the Z06’s cooling needs, including channeling air to a center heat exchanger, which is one of five for maximum cooling performance.
- A unique, standard reconfigurable rear spoiler with adjustable wickerbill elements designed to improve high-speed stability and cornering capability on a racetrack
- Standard 20-inch front and 21-inch rear forged aluminum “spider” wheels (with five available finishes) — the largest wheels ever available on a production Corvette.
- Available lightweight and rigid carbon fiber wheels that deliver a 41-pound (18.6-kg) reduction in unsprung mass, which contributes to more agile and responsive handling
- Specific suspension tuning, including Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and larger brakes (six-piston front) than the Stingray, contribute to making the 2023 Corvette Z06 the most track-capable Corvette ever.
- Eight-speed dual-clutch transmission with a specific, “shorter” 5.56 final drive ratio compared to the Corvette Stingray, which enhances acceleration capability
- Elevated cockpit surrounding the driver, with rich materials and textures, including more carbon fiber trim and new options
- Available Z07 performance package that offers the greatest track capability and provides 734 pounds of downforce at 186 mph, more than any Corvette ever. It includes a carbon fiber high rear wing and ground effects, specific chassis tuning, specific Magnetic Ride Control calibration, and unique Michelin® Cup 2 R ZP tires, along with Brembo® carbon ceramic brakes and optional carbon fiber wheels.
“Virtually every component that distinguishes the Z06 was developed to support or enhance its capability,” said Juechter. “By leveraging the mid-engine architecture’s inherent advantages, we are able to achieve six percent more downforce than a seventh-gen ZR1 at eight percent lower drag.”
The 2023 Corvette Z06 debuts an all-new 5.5L DOHC V-8 engine that marks a return to natural aspiration for the track-capable performance model.
Engine responsiveness and trackability, two characteristics of naturally aspirated motors, were the top priorities for providing an engaging driving experience for purists. As a result, it was determined that a clean sheet naturally aspirated powerplant was needed, with the goal of exceeding the power of any naturally aspirated production V-8 engine ever made. A lightweight, flat-plane crank design enables the engine to rev to the high RPMs needed to create significant power.
More than horsepower, the new LT6 is designed to complement all aspects of the Z06’s track-focused performance experience. From its 8,600-rpm redline and full racing-style dry-sump oiling system to meticulously tuned induction and exhaust systems, this engine exudes an entirely new and emotional character.
The key to the LT6’s performance capability is a lightweight, low-inertia rotating assembly rooted in an all-new flat-plane crankshaft that, along with a comparatively short stroke (the distance each piston/connecting rod assembly travels with each rotation of the crankshaft), allows the engine to rev to its maximum range.
A version of the LT6 has powered the C8.R race cars since 2019, and the rigors of endurance road racing helped engineers refine the engine’s performance and durability.
Additional highlights include:
- All-new aluminum cylinder block casting with the Small Block engine family’s signature 4.4-inch (111.76 mm) bore spacing
- All-new dual-overhead-camshaft cylinder head design with fully CNC-machined combustion chambers and intake ports, supporting a mechanical “finger follower” valvetrain
- Dual-coil valve springs to support titanium intake and sodium filled exhaust valves
- Forged aluminum pistons and forged titanium connecting rods for low mass and high strength
- Distinctive Edge Red camshaft covers
- All-new active split intake manifold with twin 87 mm throttle bodies
- All-new six-stage dry-sump oiling system with individual crank bay scavenging
- Four-into-two-into-one stainless steel exhaust headers
- 670 hp at 8,400 rpm (GM tested per SAE J1349)
- 460 lb-ft (623 Nm) of torque @ 6300 rpm (GM tested per SAE J1349)
The LT6 is hand-assembled by master engine builders at the Performance Build Center within the Bowling Green Assembly Plant in Kentucky. Builders use precision tooling and hand-fit pieces of the engine to meet Chevrolet’s exact specifications. Each engine features a plaque on the intake manifold with the signature of the technician who crafted it from start to finish.
Designed to perform
Almost every exterior detail unique to the Z06 serves a purpose for aerodynamics, handling, or cooling, with styling cues that accentuate the car’s sense of motion.
The wider fenders, for example, accommodate larger, wider wheels and tires for more grip. Larger vents — including a new front fascia that, like the C8.R race car, draws clean air into a center heat exchanger — provide more cooling air to the engine, brakes, and transaxle for increased track capability. Additionally, a more aggressive aerodynamic package is designed to enhance cornering grip and high-speed stability.
The wider wheels and tires include 20 x 10-inch (50.8 x 25.4 cm) front wheels wrapped with 275/30ZR20 tires and 21 x 13-inch (53.3 x 33 cm) rear wheels, used with 345/25ZR21 tires. Michelin® Pilot Sport 4S ZP tires are standard, with Sport Cup 2 R ZP tires included with the available Z07 package.
Designers pulled out the fenders in the front and rear to cover the wider tire tread, which are 30 mm front and 40 mm rear wider than the Corvette Stingray. These extensions give the Corvette Z06 a wider, lower appearance further emphasized by a unique rear fascia that also features centered floating exhaust bezels. This floating design was key to the precise tuning in the exhaust note. The wider rear fender also allows for the larger air intakes required for the car’s cooling.
Additionally, the new Z06 will offer three increasing levels of aerodynamic support:
- The standard Z06 features a front splitter and a unique rear spoiler, which includes an installable fixed wickerbill – a small, vertical tab at the edge of the spoiler that significantly increases downforce, providing 365 pounds (165.6 kg) more at 186 mph (299.3 km/h).
- The available carbon fiber aero package adds a larger front splitter, front-corner canards (dive planes), a pedestal-mounted rear wing and underbody aero strakes for the maximum track-capable downforce and maneuverability.
Track-proven performance technologies
The 2023 Corvette Z06 leverages the technologies introduced on the mid-engine Corvette Stingray, including the strategic use of lightweight materials and advanced driver technologies, with unique features and calibrations tailored for its capabilities.
The new Z06 retains the SLA-type front and rear suspension design of the Corvette Stingray, but uniquely calibrated for its higher performance capabilities. Magnetic Selective Ride Control 4.0 is standard and can be adjusted for touring comfort or maximum track performance via the standard Driver Mode Selector.
Like the Stingray, the Driver Mode Selector tailors more than a dozen features of the Z06 to suit the driver’s environment, including:
- Launch control: Available in Track mode for maximum off-the-line acceleration
- Active handling (StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control): Z06 has performance traction management standard
- Traction control: Weather mode tailors traction control and engine torque for driving in inclement conditions
- Performance Traction Management: Available in Track mode and offers five settings of torque reduction and brake intervention for track driving
- Electronic Limited Slip Differential: Adjusts the rate at which the limited slip engages to balance between steering response and stability in different driving conditions
The Z06’s greater track performance capability is also matched with greater braking capability, with larger 14.6-inch-diameter (370 mm) front and 15-inch-diameter (380 mm) rear Brembo® rotors, compared with the Stingray. Z06 has six-piston front calipers compared to four-piston calipers on Stingray.
Even larger, carbon-ceramic rotors are available and also included with the Z07 package, which takes the Corvette Z06’s performance to its zenith.
Z07 Performance Package, additional features include:
- Carbon fiber aero package with larger front splitter, front-corner dive planes, a rear wing and underbody strakes that enhance downforce
- Unique FE7 suspension with specific Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 calibrations
- Michelin Sport Cup 2 R ZP tires developed specifically for the Z06
- Available carbon fiber wheels that deliver a 41-pound (18.6 kg) reduction in unsprung mass
- Brembo® carbon ceramic brake system featuring larger, 15.7-inch-diameter (398 mm) front rotors and 15.4-inch-diameter (391 mm) rear rotors
When equipped with the Z07 performance package in the track prepared configuration on a 300-foot diameter circle, the car is capable of 1.22 g of road-hugging grip.
The Z06 is based on the same robust architecture as the Stingray — a rigid structure that enabled engineers to fine-tune the car’s chassis and suspension components with exceptional precision. The Z06 is so stiff that the track-capable Z06 is offered in a hardtop convertible model, and there is no variance in the suspension calibrations between it and the coupe.
Bespoke attention to detail
In the driver-focused cockpit, premium materials continue to elevate the luxurious look and feel introduced with the Stingray. They’re complemented with available carbon-fiber trim that expresses the car’s lightweight, track-focused mantra.
“To match its performance, the Z06 is an elevated execution of the eighth-generation design,” said Phil Zak, executive design director, Chevrolet. “From its wide planted stance with sculpted surfaces to its premium and carbon fiber materials, the Z06 instills an aura of raw power and performance with bespoke craftsmanship.”
Unique features include an available carbon fiber-wrapped steering wheel, shift paddles, and new carbon-fiber interior trim package level 2. The Z06 also features hand-wrapped leather interior options, including the all-new, available fully trimmed interior in Adrenaline Red.
Additional new wheel, color, and trim options offer Z06 customers the most personalization choices in the Corvette lineup, including:
- Twelve available exterior colors
- Seven available wheel packages, including five finishes on the standard forged aluminum wheels and available carbon fiber wheels
- Seven interior colors with the opportunity to expand it to thousands of combinations
- Three seat choices and six seatbelt options
- Two interior carbon fiber trim packages, plus Stealth Aluminum trim option
- Six available brake caliper colors
The 2023 Corvette Z06 will be seen, heard, and experienced around the globe when production begins in summer 2022. It will be built from Bowling Green Assembly in left- and right-hand drive.
CORVETTE Z06 GENERATIONS
|C2 (1963)||L84 5.4L OHV V-8||360||4-speed manual|
|C5 (2001-04)||LS6 5.7L OHV V-8||385 (2001); 405 (2002-04)||6-speed manual|
|C6 (2006-13)||LS7 7.0L OHV V-8||505||6-speed manual|
|C7 (2015-19)||LT4 6.2L OHV V-8 supercharged||650||7-speed manual or 8-speed automatic|
|C8 (2023)||LT6 5.5L DOHC V-8||670||8-speed DCT|
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, available in 79 countries with more than 3.2 million cars and trucks sold in 2020. Chevrolet models include electric and fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features, and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
2023 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS
|Not yet available|
FUEL TANK CAPACITY (approx.)
|18.5 gal. / 70 liters|
|Type:||LT6 5.5L DOHC V-8 Direct Injection|
|Bore & Stroke (in / mm):||4.104 x 3.150 / 104.25 x 80|
|Block Material:||A319-T7 sand-cast aluminum with pressed-in iron cylinder liners and four-bolt main bearing caps|
|Oiling System:||Six stage dry sump (8-qt. capacity); includes oil-spray piston cooling|
|Oil Type:||DexosR synthetic 5W50|
|Cylinder Head Material:||A356 T6 cast aluminum|
|Combustion Chamber Volume:||58.8cc|
|Valvetrain:||Dual overhead camshafts with mechanical finger follower valvetrain and dual-coil valve springs|
|Valve Size (in / mm):||1.654 / 42 titanium (intake) & 1.378 / 35 sodium filled (exhaust)|
|Fuel Delivery:||Exhaust side direct injection. Max pressure: 5,076 psi (35 Mpa / 350 bar)|
|Throttle Body:||Twin 87mm single bore (electronic)|
|ECU:||GM E68 (32-bit processing)|
|Horsepower (hp):||670 @ 8400 rpm (GM tested per SAE J1349)|
|Torque (lb-ft/ Nm):||460 / 623 @ 6300 rpm (GM tested per SAE J1349)|
TRANSMISSION & AXLE
|Type:||M1L 8-speed dual clutch (DCT)|
|Final Drive Ratio:||5.56:1|
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
|Front Suspension:||Short/long arm (SLA) double wishbone, forged aluminum upper and cast aluminum L-shape lower control arms; monotube shock absorbers (46mm); Magnetic Selective Ride Control 4.0 available. Specific calibration with available Z07 package. front lift with memory is available|
|Rear Suspension:||Short/long arm (SLA) double wishbone, forged aluminum upper and cast aluminum L-shape lower control arms; direct-acting stabilizer bar; monotube shock absorbers (46mm); Magnetic Selective Ride Control 4.0. Specific calibration with available Z07 package|
|Steering Type:||Variable-ratio rack-and-pinion with electric power assist; includes Active Steer Stops with available Magnetic Ride Control 4.0|
|Brake Type:||Front and rear eBoost-assisted discs with Brembo six-piston/two-piece front calipers and four-piston/monobloc rear calipers|
|Brake Rotor Size (in / mm):||Front: 14.6 x 1.3 (370 x 34)|
Front: 15.7 x 1.5 (398 x 38) – w/ avail. carbon ceramic
Rear: 15.0 x 1.3 (380 x 34)
Rear: 15.4 x 1.3 (390 x 34) – w/ avail. carbon ceramic
|Wheel Size:||Front: 20-inch x 10-inch (w/ 5 x 120mm bolt pattern)|
Rear: 21-inch x 13-inch (w/ 5 x 120mm bolt pattern)
|Tire Type and Size:||Z06 (std.): Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ZP1|
Z07 Package (avail.): Michelin Sport Cup 2 R ZP1
1 Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations my change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, go to: my.chevrolet.com/learn/tires/ or see your dealer.
|Wheelbase (in. / mm):||107.2 / 2722|
|Overall Length (in. / mm):||184.6 / 4688 (std.)|
185.9 / 4722 (w/ carbon fiber ground effects)
|Overall Width (in. / mm):||79.7 / 2025|
|Overall Height (in. / mm):||48.6 / 1235|
|Track (in. mm):||Front: 66.3 / 1685|
Rear: 66.1 / 1678
|Headroom (in. / mm):||37.9 / 962|
|Legroom (in. / mm):||42.8 / 1087|
|Shoulder Room (in. / mm):||54.4 / 1382|
|Hip Room (in. / mm):||52 / 1321|
WEIGHTS & CAPACITIES
|Dry Weight (lb. / kg):||3434 / 1561 with Carbon fiber wheels and Z07|
|Cargo Volume (cu. ft. / L)1:||12.6 / 357|
1Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
SAFETY & DRIVER AWARENESS FEATURES
|Airbags1: frontal and side-impact for driver and front passenger. Includes Passenger Sensing System|
|Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System (includes tire fill alert) |
Standard Run Flat tires
|Standard Rear Park Assist2|
HD Rear Vision Camera2 (1LZ)
HD Front and Rear Vision Cameras2 with front curb view (2LZ and 3LZ)
Side Blind Zone Alert2 (2LZ and 3LZ)
Rear Cross Traffic Alert2 (2LZ and 3LZ)
Standard Head-Up Display2
Rear Camera Mirror (2LZ/3LZ coupe – standard convertible)
1Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See your vehicle Owner’s Manual for more information.
2Safety or diver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important feature limitations and information.
2023 Corvette ZO6 Press Photos
2023 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 ENGINE
Here is another article you might enjoy:
If you are looking for more information on the Corvette C8, please visit our Corvette C8 Information category. Find out more about Chevy’s newest Corvette, the C8 Corvette, ranging from its performance to its reviews and ratings by visiting our C8 Corvette Category.
You can check out some of Vette Vues Magazine‘s Recent Posts here…
If you have never seen Vette Vues Magazine, check out our Issue Preview and see what our subscribers are enjoying each month.
Vette Vues Magazine is jammed packed with Corvette information covering C1 to C8. Each monthly issue has features, reviews, tips, restorations, clubs, events, racing, auction results, model cars, classifieds, products, services, and more. Enjoy the latest Corvette news, as well as some great historical facts.
While you are here, check out our great selection of Corvette T-shirts, Corvette Hats / Caps for Sale, and assorted Corvette Totes, Coolers, and Bags for Sale, all offering Free United States Shipping.