Rare, revered, and ready for a new owner! Witness the allure of the 1972 Corvette ZR1 Coupe as it hits the auction block at Mecum Kissimmee, January 2nd – 14th, 2024. Don’t miss your chance to own this meticulously restored masterpiece at Osceola Heritage Park, FL.
C3 Corvette Information
Our C3 Corvette Information Category is full of articles and Corvette history links to the C3 Corvette Shark models.
As we look at General Motors C3 Vette we remember a stylish and powerful sports car of its time. In our C3 Corvette Overview, you will find the progression of the third generation Corvette by model years. The C3 Corvette ran from 1968 through 1982. It featured a pointed front bumper, an aggressively-straked roofline, and a flat rear bumper. These features would earn the third-gen sports car the nickname “The Shark.”
So how many Chevrolet Corvette C3 was produced?
- 1968 Corvette – 28,566 Produced
- 1969 Corvette – 38,762 Produced
- 1970 Corvette – 17,316 Produced
- 1971 Corvette – 21,801 Produced
- 1972 Corvette – 27,004 Produced
- 1973 Corvette – 30,464 Produced
- 1974 Corvette – 37,502 Produced
- 1975 Corvette – 38,465 Produced
- 1976 Corvette – 46,558 Produced
- 1977 Corvette – 49,213 Produced
- 1978 Corvette – 46,776 Produced
- 1979 Corvette – 53,807 Produced
- 1980 Corvette – 40,614 Produced
- 1981 Corvette – 40,606 Produced
- 1982 Corvette – 25,407 Produced
Total C3 Corvette Production Numbers:
In all fifteen years of producing the C3s Chevy Corvettes, there were 542,741 Produced.
Here are links to the Chevrolet Corvette C3 by model year sports car. You will find articles relating to that specific year group there in our C3 Corvette Stingray category.
- 1968 Corvette Information
- 1969 Corvette Information
- 1970 Corvette Information
- 1971 Corvette Information
- 1972 Corvette Information
- 1973 Corvette Information
- 1974 Corvette Information
- 1975 Corvette Information
- 1976 Corvette Information
- 1977 Corvette Information
- 1978 Corvette Information
- 1979 Corvette Information
- 1980 Corvette Information
- 1981 Corvette Information
- 1982 Corvette Information
Experience the Timeless Beauty of Dr. Mark Davis’s Corvette Collection at Mecum Kissimmee 2024 Auction, Plus an Exclusive Meet-up and Tour with Dr. Mark Davis.
Unveiling the Fascinating Stories Behind Corvette Paint Colors: From Daytona Blue to Riverside Red and Sebring SilverDiscover the intriguing origins of Corvette paint colors and their connection to iconic speedways and races. Take a journey through time and explore the vibrant hues that reflect the spirit of America’s premier sports car. Join us as we delve into the rich history and fascinating stories behind these iconic paint names.
Explore the iconic 1971 Corvette Stingray Specifications and history from its original list price to its LS6 engine and 10 color options. Discover why this classic car is still a favorite among car enthusiasts today.
Discover the story behind the record-breaking sale of the 1969 Corvette Stingray ZL-1 Convertible at RM Sotheby’s auction for a staggering $3,140,000. This rare and iconic sports car is a prized possession of any collector, with only one other known to exist.
Discover the creative, groundbreaking design that has been a hallmark of Corvette success in this article. Learn about the Corvette Design Engineering history from the 50s to the 90s and how designers kept Corvette true to its heritage.
The 1968 Corvette boasted impressive specifications, from its distinctive characteristics to its potent engine alternatives. Learn more about this iconic vehicle and why it set such high standards.
Discover the stunning 1969 Corvette Convertibles for sale at Mecum Kissimmee Auction 2023, including a rare COPO L88 that failed to sell. Learn about their specs, options, and impressive prices, making them a sought-after piece of automotive history.
1969 Corvette: Facts And Photos – See The Evolution Of This Iconic Car Discover the History and Power in Vette Vues’ 1969 Corvette Overview as we look at the Shark Body Style and V-8 Engine that still captivates Corvette Enthusiasts today. An icon of American muscle, 1969 introduced Chevrolet’s second production year of the third generation …
Mecum Kissimmee auction presented the one-of-a-kind 1973 Corvette Motion Manta Ray GT, powered by a 425 HP dyno-tested engine and signed by the famous Joel Rosen. The prestigious vehicle sold for a whopping $80,000.