Corvette is once again recognized by the SEMA Show exhibitors of the Specialty Equipment Market Association. Members voted on new vehicle models that provided the aftermarket with the best platforms for customization and Corvette was recognized in the SEMA Car of the year finalists. Also sharing this category are the Ford Mustang and the Nissan GT-R. The winners will be announced at the event held November 2-5, 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
BELOW IS THE PRESS RELEASE DATED 10/06/2021
2021 SEMA AWARD FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
— Awards recognize the industry’s trend-setting vehicle models that are best for customization —
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (Oct. 6, 2021) – The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a member organization dedicated to advancing the automotive and automotive aftermarket industries, announced finalists for the 2021 SEMA Award, a recognition presented to new vehicle models that provide the aftermarket with the best platforms for customization. Voted on by SEMA Show exhibitors, winners will be announced at the annual trade-only event on November 2-5, in Las Vegas, Nev.
This year’s award program includes a new category for mid-size trucks. Other categories include a car, a full-size truck, 4×4/SUV, and sport compact. Exhibitors identified the top three finalists in each category that best showcase their products and accessories.
The top three finalists in each category are (in alphabetical order):
SEMA Car of the Year
• Chevrolet Corvette
• Ford Mustang
• Nissan GT-R
SEMA Mid-Size Truck of the Year
• Ford Ranger
• Stellantis Jeep Gladiator
• Toyota Tacoma
SEMA Full-Size Truck of the Year
• Chevrolet Silverado
• Ford F Series
• Stellantis Ram
SEMA 4×4/SUV of the Year
• Chevrolet Tahoe
• Ford Bronco
• Stellantis Jeep Wrangler
SEMA Sport Compact of the Year
• Honda Civic
• Nissan Sentra
• Toyota Supra
These vehicles represent today’s most popular models based on their potential for customization. Aftermarket manufacturers are investing in the vehicles for their ability to have upgraded performance, styling, comfort, convenience, and safety. The program creates awareness for aftermarket products and highlights the ongoing collaboration between SEMA, automakers, and aftermarket manufacturers to bring quality products to market. SEMA also helps aftermarket manufacturers with product development through the SEMA Garage, measuring sessions, 3-D printing, technology transfer, and more.
For additional information about the SEMA Show, visit www.semashow.com.
Here are some other article you might enjoy:
- Unveiling the Unique 1966 ‘Tanker’ Corvette: The 427 VersionUnveiling the Remarkable ‘Tanker’ Corvette: A Rare and Potent Variant from 1966 | Journey back in time to discover the captivating story of the 1966 427 Version, a true testament to American muscle and craftsmanship | Don’t miss the captivating tale of this rare and powerful 1966 Corvette
- October 2023 Digital Issue Vette Vues MagazineOctober 2023 Digital Issue Vette Vues Magazine, Volume 52, Issue Number 3, #623.
- Explore Corvette Excellence in the October 2023 Issue of Vette Vues MagazineRev up your passion for Corvettes with the October 2023 issue of Vette Vues Magazine. Explore iconic cars, exclusive events, and heartfelt tributes in this celebration of Corvette excellence. Get your copy now!
- Differences in the Mid Year Corvette Side LouversExplore the transformative journey of mid-year Corvette side louvers from 1963 to 1967. Uncover distinct design shifts, functional upgrades, and the art of identifying these timeless classics by their signature attributes.
- Find Your Perfect Corvette: For Sale By OwnerFind Your Dream Corvette Today! Browse Vette Vues Magazine’s Corvettes for Sale section, with private ads and recent classifieds, and get your perfect ride. Also, check out our top ten under-valued Corvettes to buy article.
If you have never seen Vette Vues Magazine check out our Issue Preview and see what our subscribers are enjoying each month.
Vette Vues Magazine is jammed packed with Corvette information covering C1 to C8. Each monthly issue has features, reviews, tips, restorations, clubs, events, racing, auction results, model cars, classifieds, products, services, and more. Enjoy the latest Corvette news, as well as some great historical facts.