Corvette is once again recognized by the SEMA Show exhibitors of the Specialty Equipment Market Association. Members voted on new vehicle models that provided the aftermarket with the best platforms for customization and Corvette was recognized in the SEMA Car of the year finalists. Also sharing this category are the Ford Mustang and the Nissan GT-R. The winners will be announced at the event held November 2-5, 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
BELOW IS THE PRESS RELEASE DATED 10/06/2021
2021 SEMA AWARD FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
— Awards recognize the industry’s trend-setting vehicle models that are best for customization —
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (Oct. 6, 2021) – The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a member organization dedicated to advancing the automotive and automotive aftermarket industries, announced finalists for the 2021 SEMA Award, a recognition presented to new vehicle models that provide the aftermarket with the best platforms for customization. Voted on by SEMA Show exhibitors, winners will be announced at the annual trade-only event on November 2-5, in Las Vegas, Nev.
This year’s award program includes a new category for mid-size trucks. Other categories include a car, a full-size truck, 4×4/SUV, and sport compact. Exhibitors identified the top three finalists in each category that best showcase their products and accessories.
The top three finalists in each category are (in alphabetical order):
SEMA Car of the Year
• Chevrolet Corvette
• Ford Mustang
• Nissan GT-R
SEMA Mid-Size Truck of the Year
• Ford Ranger
• Stellantis Jeep Gladiator
• Toyota Tacoma
SEMA Full-Size Truck of the Year
• Chevrolet Silverado
• Ford F Series
• Stellantis Ram
SEMA 4×4/SUV of the Year
• Chevrolet Tahoe
• Ford Bronco
• Stellantis Jeep Wrangler
SEMA Sport Compact of the Year
• Honda Civic
• Nissan Sentra
• Toyota Supra
These vehicles represent today’s most popular models based on their potential for customization. Aftermarket manufacturers are investing in the vehicles for their ability to have upgraded performance, styling, comfort, convenience, and safety. The program creates awareness for aftermarket products and highlights the ongoing collaboration between SEMA, automakers, and aftermarket manufacturers to bring quality products to market. SEMA also helps aftermarket manufacturers with product development through the SEMA Garage, measuring sessions, 3-D printing, technology transfer, and more.
For additional information about the SEMA Show, visit www.semashow.com.
Here are some other article you might enjoy:
- NOVEMBER 2021 DIGITAL EDITIONNOVEMBER 2021 DIGITAL EDITION VETTE VUES MAGAZINE, #600, Volume 50, Issue #4 If you are not currently a member of the Digital Edition section on our website you can subscribe here.
- NOVEMBER 2021 ISSUE PREVIEW VETTE VUES MAGAZINECheck out the November 2021 issue of Vette Vues Magazine and see what our subscribers are enjoying again this month. NOVEMBER 2021 VETTE VUES MAGAZINE, #600, Volume 50, Issue #4
- DON’T MISS OUT ON THE 2023 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZO6 REVEALC8 2023 Corvette Z06 reveal date was recently released as well as how to view it. There is no need to look at the spy photos because Chevrolet also posted a photo of the new Corvette Z06 ahead of the official reveal.
- Corvette Racing Conquered One More First at VIR 2021Corvette Racing took their third first place victory in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at the Michelin GT Challenge at VIR in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.
- 2021 Final Corvette Production Numbers Now AccessibleThe Chevrolet has released the final production numbers for the 2021 Corvette. Find out final statistics on the favorite body style, colors, options, and accessories on the 2nd year edition of the C8 Corvette. There is a downloadable pdf where you can examine the comprehensive list.
If you have never seen Vette Vues Magazine check out our Issue Preview and see what our subscribers are enjoying each month.
Vette Vues Magazine is jammed packed with Corvette information covering C1 to C8. Each monthly issue has features, reviews, tips, restorations, clubs, events, racing, auction results, model cars, classifieds, products, services, and more. Enjoy the latest Corvette news, as well as some great historical facts.