2017 Collector-Car Mecum Auction Chicago Achieves $12.6 Million in Total Sales
72-percent of all Vehicles Sold at Three-day Event
Corvettes were among the top sellers at the October 2017 Collector-Car Mecum Auction Chicago. The event held at the Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, Illinois (Chicagoland) saw three Corvettes Sold in the top ten sales. Mecum reports that the total weekend achieved $12.6 million in overall sales with 72-percent of the 795 vehicles offered hammering sold.
To open the auction on Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks’ tenor soloist Jim Cornelison perform the “Star-Spangled Banner.”
Top sales at the October 2017 Collector-Car Mecum Auction Chicago included several Corvettes from the Mercurio collection with the couple’s 1967 Corvette Convertible (Lot F149) and their 1963 Split-Window Coupe (Lot F148) grabbing the top slots at $115,000 and $110,000, respectively. A 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (Lot S123) also brought $110,000, and a 2017 Ford F150 Shelby Super Snake Pickup (Lot S97) changed hands for $100,000.
The complete top 10 sales at the Chicago 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot F149) at $115,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot F148) at $110,000
- 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (Lot S123) at $110,000
- 2017 Ford F150 Shelby Super Snake Pickup (Lot S97) at $100,000
- 2010 Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible (Lot F178.1) at $96,000
- 2011 Audi R8 Spyder (Lot F92.1) at $95,000
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S131) at $85,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro (Lot S154) at $78,000
- 1987 Porsche 911 Turbo (Lot S117.1) at $78,000
- 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot F147) at $77,500
Stop by and see Vette Vues Magazine in the vendor area at the Mecum Kissimmee Auction January 5-14, 2018. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call 262-275-5050.