The Custom Car and Truck Competition Registration is now open for the 2022 Barrett-Jackson Cup during the Scottsdale Auction. Check out the details below:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. ‒ November 17, 2021 – Barrett-Jackson today announced the return of the Barrett-Jackson Cup for the 2022 Scottsdale Auction as part of the company’s celebration of 50 years of The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions. For the second consecutive year, the Barrett-Jackson Cup presented by eBay Motors, which recognizes the talent and craftsmanship of custom car and truck builders, will be a part of Barrett-Jackson’s flagship auction and the most anticipated automotive event of the year, January 22-30, at WestWorld of Scottsdale.
“We brought back the Barrett-Jackson Cup in 2021 and it was a huge success,” said Craig Jackson, chairman, and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Barrett-Jackson helped pioneer the Resto-Mod culture, and as technology has progressed, so has the quality and workmanship in these beautiful custom vehicles we see cross our auction block throughout the year. I can’t wait to see the amazing entries in this year’s competition.”
The Barrett-Jackson Cup presented by eBay Motors will be limited to 50 custom builders who will compete for multiple awards: the coveted Barrett-Jackson Cup “Ultimate Best in Show,” selected by two renowned builders, Bobby Alloway and Troy Trepanier; and the “People’s Choice Award,” voted on by Barrett-Jackson fans nationwide via social media.
The 50 entries, which will be selected by Barrett-Jackson from the total number of registrations submitted, will be introduced to auction-goers via a parade across the world-famous auction block during Family Day on Saturday, January 22, before being showcased inside the exhibitor marketplace at the auction. Beginning Monday, January 24, one finalist for the top award, the “Ultimate Best in Show,” will be selected each day, announced on the block during the auction, and moved to be put on display in the South Showcase in the Equidome.
After the five finalists are selected during the week, the “Ultimate Best in Show” winner, as well as the winner of the “People’s Choice Award,” will be announced from the auction block during Barrett-Jackson’s Super Saturday, January 29.
“We’ve seen many incredible custom vehicles cross our auction block over the years,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “We couldn’t be prouder to continue the legacy of the Barrett-Jackson Cup as we also continue to raise the profile of Resto-Mods and celebrate the remarkable craftsmanship and its evolution in the collector car hobby over recent years and into the future.”
To register for the Barrett-Jackson Cup presented by eBay Motors, please visit BarrettJacksonCup.com
To learn more about the Barrett-Jackson auction visit their website https://www.barrett-jackson.com/.
Check out our recent posts:
- Unique And Affordable Corvette Gift Ideas for the HolidaysExplore our curated selection of top Corvette Christmas gifts, from Vette Vues Magazine subscriptions to stylish bags, hats, and collector books. Unwrap unique and festive presents for automotive enthusiasts.
- 2024 Corvette ZO6 Specifications – Chevrolet Press ReleaseDiscover the 2024 Corvette Z06 with its powerful LT6 5.5L DOHC V8 engine, Magnetic Selective Ride Control, and advanced safety features. Explore specifications, performance, and more.
- December 2023 Digital Issue Vette Vues MagazineDecember 2023 Digital Issue Vette Vues Magazine
- See the Mother Road in your Corvette without having to plan a thingExperience the iconic Route 66 in your Corvette hassle-free with Two Lane America’s expertly-guided 13-day car caravans. Let the road unveil its wonders as you journey from Chicago to Santa Monica, exploring vintage filling stations, roadside attractions like Cadillac Ranch, and hidden gems. Enjoy all-inclusive packages featuring hotels, meals, and daily itineraries. Meet Route 66 personalities and forge lifelong connections on this unforgettable adventure. Don’t miss the chance—join the 2024 tours at 2LaneAmerica.com!
- Welcome to the December 2023 Issue of Vette Vues Magazine!Dive into a world where passion meets innovation. In our December issue, witness the transformation of a 2016 Corvette Z06 in ‘Leather and Lace,’ discover the allure of classic models, relive racing triumphs, and explore exclusive features that ignite the Corvette enthusiast in you. Get ready for a riveting journey through the exhilarating pages of Vette Vues Magazine!
If you have never seen Vette Vues Magazine check out our Issue Preview and see what our subscribers are enjoying each month.
Vette Vues Magazine is jammed packed with Corvette information covering C1 to C8. Each monthly issue has features, reviews, tips, restorations, clubs, events, racing, auction results, model cars, classifieds, products, services, and more. Enjoy the latest Corvette news, as well as some great historical facts.