The Custom Car and Truck Competition Registration is now open for the 2022 Barrett-Jackson Cup during the Scottsdale Auction. Check out the details below:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. ‒ November 17, 2021 – Barrett-Jackson today announced the return of the Barrett-Jackson Cup for the 2022 Scottsdale Auction as part of the company’s celebration of 50 years of The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions. For the second consecutive year, the Barrett-Jackson Cup presented by eBay Motors, which recognizes the talent and craftsmanship of custom car and truck builders, will be a part of Barrett-Jackson’s flagship auction and the most anticipated automotive event of the year, January 22-30, at WestWorld of Scottsdale.
“We brought back the Barrett-Jackson Cup in 2021 and it was a huge success,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Barrett-Jackson helped pioneer the Resto-Mod culture, and as technology has progressed, so has the quality and workmanship in these beautiful custom vehicles we see cross our auction block throughout the year. I can’t wait to see the amazing entries in this year’s competition.”
The Barrett-Jackson Cup presented by eBay Motors will be limited to 50 custom builders who will compete for multiple awards: the coveted Barrett-Jackson Cup “Ultimate Best in Show,” selected by two renowned builders, Bobby Alloway and Troy Trepanier; and the “People’s Choice Award,” voted on by Barrett-Jackson fans nationwide via social media.
The 50 entries, which will be selected by Barrett-Jackson from the total number of registrations submitted, will be introduced to auction-goers via a parade across the world-famous auction block during Family Day on Saturday, January 22, before being showcased inside the exhibitor marketplace at the auction. Beginning Monday, January 24, one finalist for the top award, the “Ultimate Best in Show,” will be selected each day, announced on the block during the auction, and moved to be put on display in the South Showcase in the Equidome.
After the five finalists are selected during the week, the “Ultimate Best in Show” winner, as well as the winner of the “People’s Choice Award,” will be announced from the auction block during Barrett-Jackson’s Super Saturday, January 29.
“We’ve seen many incredible custom vehicles cross our auction block over the years,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “We couldn’t be prouder to continue the legacy of the Barrett-Jackson Cup as we also continue to raise the profile of Resto-Mods and celebrate the remarkable craftmanship and its evolution in the collector car hobby over recent years and into the future.”
To register for the Barrett-Jackson Cup presented by eBay Motors, please visit BarrettJacksonCup.com.
To learn more about the Barrett-Jackson auction visit their website https://www.barrett-jackson.com/.
Check out our recent posts:
- DECEMBER 2021 VETTE VUES MAGAZINE, #601, Volume 50, Issue #5DECEMBER 2021 ISSUE VETTE VUES MAGAZINE, #601, Volume 50, Issue #5
- DECEMBER 2021 DIGITAL EDITION VETTE VUES MAGAZINEDIGITAL EDITION: DECEMBER 2021 VETTE VUES MAGAZINE, #601, Volume 50, Issue #5 If you are not currently a member of the Digital Edition section on our website you can subscribe here.
- Custom Car and Truck Competition Registration now Open: Barrett-Jackson Cup Returns for 2022 Scottsdale AuctionThe Custom Car and Truck Competition Registration is now open for the 2022 Barrett-Jackson Cup during the Scottsdale Auction. Check out the details.
- Champion Race Car Driver and Founder of The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving Passes Away at 88Champion Race Car Driver and Founder of The Bob Bondurant School of High-Performance Driving Passes Away at Paradise Valley, AZ, November 13, 2021
- Photos: 1971 Corvette 50th Anniversary Display at Corvettes at CarlisleThe 1971 Corvette is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year (2021) and today we are looking at the 50th Anniversary display at Corvettes at Carlisle this year.
If you have never seen Vette Vues Magazine check out our Issue Preview and see what our subscribers are enjoying each month.
Vette Vues Magazine is jammed packed with Corvette information covering C1 to C8. Each monthly issue has features, reviews, tips, restorations, clubs, events, racing, auction results, model cars, classifieds, products, services, and more. Enjoy the latest Corvette news, as well as some great historical facts.