Experience the Thrill of the 2013 Corvette Collector Edition with a Z06-based LS7 Engine and ZR1 Chassis Components!
Immerse yourself in the adventure of the 2013 Corvette Collector Edition and 60th Anniversary Design Package. Revel in the powerful Z06-based LS7 engine and ZR1 chassis components that marked the finale of the C6 generation. Explore its cutting-edge features and choices for the 2013 Corvette.
We are looking back at the press release from Chevrolet with all the new features and choices for the 2013 C6 Corvette.
- CHEVROLET CORVETTE / CORVETTE GRAND SPORT
- New for 2013
- CORVETTE MARKS 60 YEARS IN 2013 WITH AN ANNIVERSARY DESIGN PACKAGE
- 2013 Corvette Grand Sport details
- 2013 CORVETTE AND CORVETTE GRAND SPORT SPECIFICATIONS
- 2013 Corvette Dimensions
- 2013 Corvette Photos
CHEVROLET CORVETTE / CORVETTE GRAND SPORT
New for 2013
- 427 Convertible Collector Edition with LS7 7.0L engine rated at 505 hp (377 kW), carbon fiber hood, fenders and floors, and Magnetic Ride Control
- 60th Anniversary Design Package
- Available black-painted five-spoke aluminum wheels (Corvette)
- Available black-painted five-spoke aluminum wheels (Corvette Grand Sport)
- The ZR1-style rear spoiler is available on Corvette and Grand Sport models
- Exterior colors: Black returns and new Night Race Blue Metallic
CORVETTE MARKS 60 YEARS IN 2013 WITH AN ANNIVERSARY DESIGN PACKAGE
Corvette marks its 60th anniversary in 2013 – and it is also the final year for the current generation of the sports car. To commemorate the production milestone and give the “C6” a proper send-off, Chevrolet offers the Corvette 427 Convertible Collector Edition – as well as a 60th Anniversary Package that will be available on all 2013 Corvette models.
Evoking the heritage of early 427-powered Corvettes, the 427 Convertible Collector Edition takes Corvette convertible performance to new territory, thanks to the Z06-based LS7 engine and combination of Z06 and ZR1 chassis/suspension components. See the separate release for complete details on the 427 Convertible Collector Edition.
All 2013 Corvette models, including the 427 Convertible, will be available with a 60th Anniversary Design Package, featuring an Arctic White exterior with a Blue Diamond leather-wrapped interior with suede accents. Convertible models will have a blue top. Additional content includes a ZR1-style rear spoiler, special badging, gray-painted brake calipers, and the “60th” logo on the wheel center caps, steering wheel, and seat head restraints. An optional graphics package adds full-length racing stripes in Pearl Silver Blue, including a tonal stripe stitched into the convertible top, extending the graphic theme over the roof.
And even without the 60th Anniversary Design Package, all 2013 Corvettes feature 60th Anniversary badges on the fascias and the “waterfall” panel on convertible models, as well as 60th logos in the instrument panel gauge cluster and on the sill plates. Additional new and revised features include:
- Available black-painted five-spoke aluminum wheels, specific to Corvette and Grand Sport models
- ZR1-style rear spoiler is available on Corvette and Grand Sport models
- Exterior colors: Black returns and new Night Race Blue Metallic.
For 2013, Corvette is offered in five distinct models, including:
- Corvette, available in Coupe and Convertible, is powered by the 430-horsepower (321 kW) LS3 V-8 (436 hp / 325 kW with optional exhaust)
- Grand Sport models – offered in Coupe and Convertible – combine the Corvette’s powertrain with wide-body styling, a wider track, and a racing-bred suspension for a distinctive model that delivers greater handling performance, with wider wheels and tires; revised shock, stabilizer bar, and spring specifications and specific gearing.
- The 427 Convertible Collector Edition is the first time the hand-built, 505-horsepower (377 kW) LS7 engine has been offered in a Convertible
- The racing-inspired Corvette Z06 marries the 505-horsepower (377 kW) LS7 engine to a lightweight, aluminum chassis.
- The Corvette ZR1 is powered by the LS9 supercharged 6.2L engine and is the fastest, most powerful car ever offered by Chevrolet, with a top speed of 205 mph.
Please see the separate releases for complete details on the Corvette 427 Convertible, Corvette Z06, and Corvette ZR1.
Corvette design and exterior features
Corvette and Grand Sport models are offered in coupe and convertible body styles. Lightweight, composite body panels are a technology hallmark of the Corvette and help it achieve excellent power-to-weight ratios for all models.
Additional exterior features include:
- Dual projector-beam high-intensity discharged headlamps are standard
- Contrasting-color headlamp housings are available in Blade Silver Metallic, Cyber Gray Metallic, and Black
- Heated outside mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming features are standard
- ZR1-style rear spoiler is available
- Five-spoke, silver-painted aluminum 18 x 8.5-inch front wheels and 19 x 10-inch rear wheels are standard and matched with Goodyear Eagle F1 run-flat tires; Grand Sport features 18 x 9.5-inch front and 19 x 12-inch rear wheels.
- Available wheels include five-spoke chrome aluminum, machine-face aluminum, and black aluminum (Corvette Coupe and Convertible)
- A power-folding convertible top is standard on 3LT and 4LT Corvette and Grand Sport Convertible models.
Exterior colors include Arctic White, Blade Silver Metallic, Inferno Orange Metallic, Velocity Yellow Tintcoat, Torch Red, Supersonic Blue Metallic, Cyber Gray, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Black, and Night Race Blue Metallic.
Also available are customer-selectable brake caliper colors offered in red, yellow, silver, and gray.
2013 Corvette Grand Sport details
Corvette Grand Sport models feature wider front and rear fenders – including specific front fenders with integrated Grand Sport badges – as well as a Z06-style front splitter and tall rear spoiler. Functional brake ducts and extra cooling support track-day performance.
Grand Sport models come with 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels. A silver-painted wheel is standard and black and chrome finishes are available. The wheels are wrapped in large 275/35ZR18 tires in front and 325/30ZR19 tires in the rear.
Also part of the package are Z06-size brakes, including 14-inch (355 mm) front rotors with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch (340 mm) rear rotors with four-piston calipers, along with specific manual transmission gear ratios and a specific, 2.73 rear axle ratio on automatic-equipped models.
An available Heritage package for Grand Sport models adds iconic front fender hash marks offered in four colors and seat embroidery.
2013 Corvette interior
Corvette’s interior is inspired by the car’s dual-cockpit heritage. Seats that were introduced in 2012 deliver an improved appearance and larger bolsters on the seat back and cushion areas to provide better driver support, especially in high-performance driving. Sueded-microfiber seat inserts are included with the leather-wrapped interior.
Additional features include:
- Sport steering wheel with leather-wrapped spokes and audio controls is standard on all models
- Head-up display, including Track Mode with g-meter, is included on 2LT, 3LT, and 4LT trims.
- An AM/FM/XM radio with CD player and audio input jack is standard
- An onboard navigation system with voice recognition is included with 2LT, 3LT, and 4LT trims. It features a 6.5-inch (165 mm) color touch-screen display.
- A Bose Premium audio system with nine speakers, with tweeters located in the instrument panel, and Bose Nd next-generation bass performance is standard on 2LT, 3LT, and 4LT trims.
- Keyless access with push-button starting is standard on all models
- Heated seats are standard on 3LT and 4LT trims
- Custom stitching in blue, red, or yellow is available on 4LT.
A custom leather-wrapped interior package is standard on the 4LT trim, featuring a leather-wrapped upper and lower instrument panel, door pads, and seats; choice of exclusive colors: Dark Titanium, Ebony, or Cashmere, with a unique color breakup; padded door panel armrests; “Corvette” embroidered on passenger-side dash pad and a unique center trim plate with a gunmetal pattern.
The 6.2L LS3 small-block V-8 is the engine in Corvette and Grand Sport models. It is rated at 430 horsepower (321 kW)* and 424 lb.-ft. of torque (575 Nm)* with the standard exhaust system. An optional dual-mode exhaust system brings a power rating increase to 436 horses (325 kW) and 428 lb.-ft. (580 Nm). A standard six-speed manual transmission and an optional six-speed automatic paddle-shift are offered.
Launch control is standard on manual transmission-equipped models and optimizes performance for full-throttle starts on a track. In competitive mode, the system will hold a predetermined engine speed while the driver pushes the throttle to the floor. That allows the driver to quickly release the clutch, and the system modulates engine torque 100 times per second to maximize the available traction. The system is capable of approaching a skilled driver’s best effort and repeats it consistently.
A dry-sump engine oiling system is standard on Grand Sport models equipped with a manual transmission.
Corvette chassis and suspension
Corvette and Grand Sport models have a hydroformed steel rail backbone structure, which features cored composite floors, an enclosed center tunnel, rear-mounted transmission, and an aluminum cockpit structure. Suspension cradles, control arms, knuckles, springs, dampers, bushings, stabilizer bars, and steering gear deliver low mass, direct response, and great driver feedback.
Coupe and convertible models offer two suspension choices that allow drivers to choose the setup that best suits their driving style. The standard suspension is tuned for a balance of ride comfort and precise handling. The optional Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension features magneto-rheological dampers able to detect road surfaces, and adjust the damping rates to those surfaces almost instantly for optimal ride control. It includes larger, cross-drilled brake rotors.
The Z16 Performance Package is standard on Grand Sportand includes extra cooling, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, specific shock absorbers, larger brakes with six-piston front and four-piston rear cross-drilled rotors, specific tires and Z16-specific six-speed manual when ordered with six-speed manual transmission or performance axle ratio with six-speed paddle-shift automatic.
Corvette safety and crash-avoidance features
The Corvette is designed to help drivers avoid crashes while protecting the occupants in the event a crash occurs. A strong body structure is designed to absorb crash energy and provide a protective “safety cage” around occupants.
Additional safety features include:
- Four standard airbags include side-impact airbags, which provide head protection for outboard passengers in the event of a side-impact or rollover crash.
- Active Handling electronic stability control system helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver’s intended path by applying throttle, braking, or a combination of both.
- Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with anti-lock
- Pretensioners are standard. They minimize forward movement during a collision, while load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly.
- Tire pressure monitoring system and run-flat tires are standard
- Standard keyless access with push-button starting.
Corvette and OnStar
Six months of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on all Corvette models. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security, and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar’s RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information, and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
Corvette also features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button, and red Emergency button.
More information about OnStar can be found at www.onstar.com.
2013 CORVETTE AND CORVETTE GRAND SPORT SPECIFICATIONS
2013 C6 Corvette Grand Sport Overview
|Models:||Chevrolet Corvette Coupe and Convertible ; Grand Sport Coupe and Convertible|
|Body styles / driveline:||two-door hatchback coupe with removable roof or convertible; rear-wheel drive|
|Construction:||composite body panels, hydroformed steel frame with aluminum and magnesium structural and chassis components|
|Manufacturing location:||Bowling Green, Ky.|
|6.2L V-8 LS3|
|Displacement (cu in / cc):||376 / 6162|
|Bore & stroke (in / mm):||4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92|
|Block material:||cast aluminum|
|Cylinder head material:||cast aluminum|
|Valvetrain:||overhead valve, two valves per cylinder|
|Fuel delivery:||SFI (sequential fuel injection)|
|Lubrication system||wet sump (Corvette and Grand Sport with automatic) dry sump (Grand Sport coupe with manual)|
(hp / kW @ rpm):
|430 / 321 @ 5900 w/ std. exhaust * 436 / 325 @ 5900 w/ opt. exhaust*|
|Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm):||424 / 575 @ 4600 w/ std. exhaust* 428 / 580 @ 4600 w/ opt. exhaust*|
|Recommended fuel:||premium recommended, not required|
|EPA estimated fuel economy (city / hwy):||15 / 25 (automatic) 16 / 26 (manual)|
* SAE certified.
|six-speed manual||six-speed manual (Grand Sport)||six-speed paddle-shift automatic|
|Gear ratios (:1):|
|Final drive ratio:||3.42||3.42||2.56 2.73 (Grand Sport)|
Chassis / Suspension
|Corvette||2013 Corvette Grand Sport|
|Front:||short/long arm (SLA) double wishbone, cast aluminum upper and lower control arms, transverse-mounted composite leaf spring, monotube shock absorber||short/long arm (SLA) double wishbone, cast aluminum upper and lower control arms, transverse-mounted composite leaf spring, monotube shock absorber|
|Rear:||short/long arm (SLA) double wishbone, cast aluminum upper and lower control arms, transverse-mounted composite leaf spring, monotube shock absorber|
|Traction control:||electronic traction control; Active Handling||electronic traction control; Active Handling|
|Corvette||Corvette Grand Sport|
|Type:||front and rear power-assisted disc with ABS||front and rear power-assisted disc with ABS with six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers, cross-drilled rotors|
|Rotor diameter x thickness (in / mm):||front: 12.8 x 1.26 / 325 x 32 (std.); 13.4 x 1.26 / 340 x 32 (w/ Magnetic Ride Control) rear: 12 x 1 / 305 x 26; (std.); 13 x 1 / 330 x 26 (w/ Magnetic Ride Control)||front: 14 x 1.3 / 355 x 32|
rear: 13.4 x 1 / 340 x 26
|Brake swept area (sq in / mm):||front: 274 / 1768 rear: 200 / 1290||front: 309 / 1994 rear: 269 / 1735|
Wheels & Tires
|Corvette||Corvette Grand Sport|
|Wheel size:||front: 18-inch x 8.5-inch rear: 19-inch x 10-inch||front: 18-inch x 9.5-inch rear: 19-inch x 12-inch|
|Tires (front):||P245/40ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 run flat||P275/35ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar run flat (std.) P275/35ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar GEN2 run flat (avail.)|
|Tires (rear):||P285/35ZR19 Goodyear Eagle F1 run flat||P325/30ZR19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar run flat (std.) P325/30ZR19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar GEN2 run flat (avail.)|
2013 Corvette Dimensions
|Corvette||Corvette Grand Sport|
|Wheelbase (in / mm):||105.7 / 2685||105.7 / 2685|
|Overall length (in / mm):||174.6 / 4435||175.6 / 4460|
|Overall width (in / mm):||72.6 / 1844||75.9 / 1928|
|Overall height (in / mm):||49 / 1244||48.7 / 1236|
|Curb weight (lb / kg):||3208 / 1455 (coupe) 3221 / 1461 (convertible)||3311 / 1502 (coupe) 3289 / 1492 (convertible)|
|Weight distribution (% front / rear):||51 / 49||51 / 49|
|Corvette||Corvette Grand Sport|
|Interior volume (cu ft / L):||52 / 1475||52 / 1475|
|Headroom (in / mm):||38 / 962||38 / 962|
|Leg room (in / mm):||43 / 1092||43 / 1092|
|Shoulder room (in / mm):||55 / 1397||55 / 1397|
|Hip room (in / mm):||54 / 1371||54 / 1371|
|Corvette||Corvette Grand Sport|
|Wheelbase (in / mm):||Coupe: 22 / 634 Convertible: 11 / 295 (top up); 7.5 / 212 (top down)||Coupe: 22 / 634 Convertible: 11 / 295 (top up); 7.5 / 212 (top down)|
|Overall length (in / mm):||18 / 68.1||18 / 68.1|
|Engine oil (qt / L):||5.5 / 5.2||5.5 / 5.2 (10.5 / 9.9 with dry-sump)|
Note: Information shown is current at time of publication.
2013 Corvette Photos
Are you on the hunt for a 2013 Corvette? Check out Vette Vues Magazine’s classified ads in their ‘Corvettes for Sale’ section to see what are the options from the 2013 Corvette Grand Sport to the ZR1, ZO6, or the 427 convertible.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
Are you a fan of Corvettes? Then you’ll be thrilled to know about our array of Corvette events. Vette Vues is your resource for finding Corvette car shows in your area and throughout the U.S. Our calendar covers local, state, and national events that you won’t want to miss. Whether you’re looking for a chance to show off your prized possession or just want to get in on the fun, you won’t want to miss these events! Check out our Corvette calendar of events and join in on the fun!
The perfect gift for Corvette enthusiasts! Get a subscription to Vette Vues Magazine – America’s premier monthly publication for Chevy lovers. Make it last all year long – give a Gift Subscription today!
While you are here, check out our great selection of Corvette T-shirts, Corvette Hats / Caps for Sale, and assorted Corvette Totes, Coolers, and Bags for Sale, all offering Free United States Shipping.