The New Vette Vues Magazine’s October 2022 Issue – Check it out!
We start off the October 2022 issue of Vette Vues Magazine with part one coverage of the Bloomington Gold Collection. Our first group covers some of the Great Hall Inductees from past years – SR2, Sebring Racer, and Briggs Cunningham Racer just to name a few.
- Our part two coverage of Eyes on Design features some unique Corvettes that were Designed for Speed this year.
- Next, we look at the extraordinary history of fiberglass before the Corvette. Then we look at Corvette fiberglass products by Corvette Image that can take your Corvette to the amazing next level.
- Looking back at the history of the 1969 Greenwood Factory L88 Racer (often referred to as “The Star-Spangled Corvette”) we learn about John Greenwood and his contracts with BF Goodrich as well as some of its awesome racing victories.
- Other features include a glimpse into Todd Hodgen’s Corvette Life and Larry Lipsitz’s “Performance” Corvette Collection.
- Vette Vues brings you the latest updates on the 2023 Corvette ZO6 as well as the updated plant tours at the Bowling Green Assembly plant.
- Check out the review of the new fascination book Corvette Concept Cars: Developing America’s Favorite Sports Car.
- In our Corvette Rear Vues, we are starting a look at the 1990 Vintage Ads. There weren’t many print advertisements for the 1990 Vette but the ones that were there are pretty cool to see!
- Corvette Racing is always very popular. In our Keepin’ Track of Corvette Racing column, we look at Corvettes at Monza, the SRO GT America Series at the Big Machine Music City Grand Prix in Nashville, and what happened to Callaway at Road America.
- Model Scene takes a look at tiny Corvettes this month. We also look at models from Jimmy Toys, Ertl, and some model Corvettes that were available at Rite Aid and CVS stores this year.
- And of course, there are lots of great Corvette companies that advertise and support the magazine. You’ll also want to check out the latest classified ads.
Vette Vues Magazine, October 2022 Issue, Volume 51, Issue Number 3, #611
1…James Prather Passing
6…2022 Bloomington Gold Collection – Corvette Greatness on Display!
14…The Story of Fiberglass Before the Corvette: 1880-1953
24…The 1969 Greenwood Factory L88 Racer: “The Star-Spangled Corvette”
33…Corvette Image Takes Your Project to the Next Level
42…Reader’s Rides: Todd Hodgen’s Corvette Life
46…2022 Eyes on Design: Designed for Speed – Part 2
55…The Larry Lipsitz Classic “Performance” Corvette Collection, Part 2
65…Book Revues: Corvette Concept Cars | Developing America’s Favorite Sports Car
66…2023 Corvette Z06 Production Update
67…Rear Vues: 1990 Vintage Ads – Part 1
70…NCM and Bowling Green Plant Resume Plant Tours
79…Keepin’ Track of Corvette Racing
A.) Corvette Takes a Surprise Win at Monza
B.) Third in SRO GT America Series at the Big Machine Music City Grand Prix in Nashville
C.) Callaway has a Good Outing at Road America
85…Business Card File
Cover Car: This year was Bloomington Gold’s 50th Occasion. They presented a Gold Salute to the Gold Collection as part of the event. The special display featured some significant cars that have been a part of past Gold Collections, Special Collections, and the Great Hall displays.
Subscribe to Vette Vues Magazine and receive a full year (12 issues) of America’s Corvette magazine mailed directly to your door. Every issue is jam-packed with great information on Corvettes including the newest updates, historical facts, product reviews, and more! Plus you receive a free classified ad each month. Subscribe Today!