Chevrolet announced a Special Event Preceding Reveal of Corvette Z06 and C7.R. The live stream will be on January 13, 2014, starting at 9:30 AM EST.
For Release: Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, 9 a.m. EST
Special Event Preceding Reveal of Corvette Z06 and C7.R
Live Stream Begins at 9:30 a.m. EST on Monday, January 13
- 2014 Corvette Stingray is a finalist for North American Car of the Year
- Corvette Stingray is the industry’s most awarded car of the year
DETROIT – The 2015 Corvette Z06 and the all-new C7.R represent the next evolution in the Corvette Stingray, the industry’s most awarded car in 2013. Continuing the momentum, the reveal of the Z06 and the C7.R will be live streamed on Monday, January 13 during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The live stream will be available at chevy.com/Z06reveal beginning at 9:30 a.m. EST with a special event leading into the press conference, which begins at 10 a.m. EST in the Chevrolet Exhibit at COBO Hall.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray is one of three finalists for the North American Car of the Year, on which 48 automotive journalists from the United States and Canada vote to recognize the most outstanding vehicles of the year based on factors including innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction, and value for the dollar.
Separately, more than a dozen magazines, websites, and auto organizations have awarded Corvette Stingray their top honor including:
- Automobile magazine named Corvette Stingray its Automobile of the Year
- Car and Driver put Corvette Stingray on its annual “10 Best” list
- Road & Track magazine named the Corvette Stingray its Performance Car of the Year
- Yahoo! announced its top prize in October, naming Corvette Stingray its 2014 Yahoo Autos Car of the Year
- Forbes magazine called Corvette Stingray the Hottest New Car of the Year
- Autoweek magazine named Corvette Stingray to its Best of the Best
- Popular Science singled out Corvette Stingray twice: first in the magazine’s Best of What’s New feature and later for its performance prowess in its 2014 Auto Excellence Awards
- Esquire magazine called the Corvette Stingray to reveal the Automotive Event of the Year
- Kelly Blue Book gave Corvette Stingray two awards, putting it in the Best Resale Value Top 10 and naming it Best Resale Value: High-Performance Car
- The Motor Press Guild named Corvette Stingray its inaugural Innovation Vehicle of the Year for over $29,000
- IntelliChoice & AutoPacific included Corvette Stingray in their Motorist Choice Awards
- The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada named the Corvette Stingray the Best New Sports/Performance Car
- Detroit Free Press named the Corvette Stingray as its Car of the Year
- Bloomberg named Corvette Stingray as its Car of the Year on its list of 2013’s Best Cars
The winners for North American Car and Truck of the Year will be announced on January 13 at an auto show media event in Detroit.